- Value of Nutrition: To achieve desired fitness levels the important thing you will have to look at is healthy diet. Food works as fuel for your body and if right nutrition is not present in the food then it will be difficult for you to achieve your fitness goals. Thus you will have to ensure that you get a balanced diet which has vegetables, proteins, fruits, carbohydrates and fats.
- Right Preparation: Advance preparation is necessary if you want to succeed in your goals. The same is true for nutrition as well and you should make a diet plan so that there are no skipped meals or junk food items in your diet.
- Eat More Frequently: If you want to perk up your fitness and reduce weight then it will be important to eat more than the regular 3 meals. You will have to start eating at least 5 times every day and keep an interval of 3 hours between each of the meals to increase metabolism level in the body. In addition to it, eat less in the latter half of the day since your physical activity level goes down during that time.
- Controlling Portions: As you start eating more frequently, it will be important to control the portions so as not to over eat. You may well purchase smaller plates and bowls since in many studies it has been seen that while using large plates people tend to serve 30-40% more food.
Develop Muscle Mass
- Building Mass: The main thing that helps in building muscle mass is right diet which meets your calorie and protein intake requirement. At the beginning you will have to exercise 4 times every week and perform compound movements apart from training with weights. Do not overdo since rest is an important part of muscle building process and gives the body time to recover from the workout and relax.
- Variety of Motions: During your exercise sessions try to achieve largest possible ROM which will make muscles work more during every repetition and help to break down greater amount of tissues after the workout.
- Less Cardio: At the time you are aiming to build muscle mass; it is not suitable to do excessive cardio exercises since you may start burning a lot of calories than you want. The solution if you do want to include some amount of cardio in your routine is to add light jogging on some days every week for a maximum of twenty minutes.
- Preparing for Training Session: Before endurance training it is important to make proper preparations so that you remain hydrated and diet is also as required. To build up endurance you will have to mix weight training with cardio exercises to get optimal results.
- Exhaust the Muscles: The main aim of endurance training is muscle exhaustion and it will be necessary to fully exhaust them. The best way to accomplish that will be to use high reps for exercises such as pushups, squats, pull-ups and inverted rows.
- Reduction of Rest Time: You may feel tempted to take some rest in your training session but it is better to avoid that and only keep rest time of 40 seconds between repetitions to build up your endurance levels.
- Preventing Fatigue: At the time of endurance exercises the main problem you will face will be of fatigue. One solution is drinking beet juice which is known to boost stamina by as much as 16%. Beet juice also assists the muscles generate more energy thereby leading to efficient workouts with less exhaustion.
Build Up Strength
- Replenish Muscles: After a workout session it is better to avoid using the sauna as it can have negative effect on your strength and performance. Better option is to take ice baths or cold showers for replenishing the muscles.
- Maintaining Right Form: Apart from everything else you do during the training session, maintaining right form is one important factor that you need to keep in mind. By having proper form you will be able to target the right muscle groups as well as avoid injuries.
- Make Changes: You should make sure that the body does not adapt to any particular routine otherwise results achieved from strength gain exercises will start to diminish. The solution is to regularly change the amount of weight you lift, vary the number of repetitions you perform, increase or decrease tempo for the exercises and which time during the day you do exercises.
- Nutrition and Exercises: If you want to lose fat then it will be necessary to pay attention to what you eat. Your diet should include things like fruits and vegetables, lean meat and there should be less of processed foods or food items with high percentage of sugar. In terms of exercises, you will have to work on interval cardio along with weight training to get the maximum results.
- Carbohydrate Intake: In any fat reduction plan the main aim should be to reduce carbohydrate intake since it results in storage of fat in the body. Additionally, the cardiovascular routines you perform should be of higher duration to exceed twenty minutes. The reason is that in the first twenty minutes the carbohydrates are burned to generate energy while after that the body starts to burn the stored fat.
- Focusing on Lower Body: If you want to reduce fat in your middle section then you will get better results in terms of burned calories if resistance training targets lower body section as compared to upper body exercises. One reason is that lower body section comprising of legs contains more mass as compared to other parts of the body.
Nutrients you consume will get absorbed properly only
when the body is adequately hydrated. To increase
metabolism you can try drinking ice cold water as soon
as you get up in the morning, the benefit is that it
will help to increase metabolism rate by as much as
25% for the next ninety minutes.